SCHOOL LUNCHES &
SUBIACO PRIMARY SCHOOL
School Lunches and Healthy EatingSubiaco Primary School
At present Subiaco Primary School uses an online supplier to provide lunches only on Monday and Friday.
To use this service you need to:
- Go to www.schoollunchonline.com.au to register your family
- Choose from your school supplier’s healthy lunch selection
- Order your childs’ lunches (by no later than 8.00am on the day of delivery)
- Pay as you go or top up your account regularly
Healthy Hub News
A very big thank you to our amazing Health Hub team (Mel Gilchrist, Abi Crisp, Kristen Carter and Leslie Stedman) for their entertaining and delicious presentation on Healthy Eating.
Our Year 4 – 6 students and staff were treated to healthy, delicious and quick breakfast options that children can prepare themselves to fuel their day.
A big thanks to the Subiaco Famers Market who provided the fresh produce.
Some of the delicious and healthy breakfast treats the students sampled included:
- Banana wrap
- Healthy muesli
- Healthy smoothies
Click HERE for Recipes
Many of the ingredients used can be found in most kitchens – Try one out for breakfast tomorrow.
Bring A Cup & Fill it Up! Recipes
Crunch and Sip
The Crunch&Sip program is an easy way to help kids stay healthy and happy!
Last year the Healthy Hub conscripted some energetic and enthusiastic students and presented a rap song at our first assembly. It was a strong message about the benefits of our school’s Crunch & Sip program, with a big emphasis on how vital veggies are to grow stronger, faster, happier and smarter! Take a look… and remember to pack crunch & sip for school each day!
Click HERE to view the video.
Crunch&Sip is a set break to eat fruit or salad vegetables and drink water in the classroom. Students re-fuel with fruit or vegetables during the morning or afternoon, assisting physical and mental performance and concentration in the classroom. This gives kids a chance to refuel, a bit like putting petrol in a car.
Each day students bring fruit or salad vegetables to school to eat in the classroom at a set time. Each child has a small clear bottle of water in the classroom to drink throughout the day to prevent dehydration.
The objectives of the Crunch&Sip break are to:
- increase awareness of the importance of eating fruit or vegetables and drinking water every day
- enable students, teachers and staff to eat fruit or vegetables during an allocated Crunch&Sip break in the classroom
- encourage students, teachers and staff to drink water throughout the day in the classroom, during break times and at sports, excursions and camps
- encourage parents to provide students with fruit or vegetables every day
- develop strategies to help students who don’t have regular access to fruit and vegetables
The Crunch&Sip website address is www.crunchandsip.com.au
Fruit and Veg September
Our schools commitment to the Crunch & Sip Program along with events such as Bring A Cup Day and free Fruit and Veg Platters at all Food Stalls and sporting events helps students achieve the objectives outlined in Fruit & Veg September.
The objectives of Fruit & Veg September is to:
- increase awareness of the need to eat more fruit and vegetables
- increase positive perceptions of fruit and vegetables
- increase opportunities for students to plan for, prepare and taste fruit and vegetables
- support behaviour change by incorporating nutrition programs into key learning areas of the curriculum, the school canteen and whole of school activities.
Fruit & Veg September aims to encourage children to eat more fruit and vegetables. While the amount of fruit eaten every day by children around WA has increased over the last 20 years, most children continue to eat less than the recommended daily amount of fruit and vegetables.