SUBIACO PRIMARY SCHOOL
School OverviewSubiaco Primary School
Subiaco Primary School is a dynamic learning community where members work collaboratively to assist children to realise their potential.
At Subiaco Primary we strive for:
- Educational Excellence – Teaching that is reflective, responsive and enables all students to reach their full potential.
- Leadership – A culture of shared, affirmative school leadership that empowers others.
- Collaboration – Collaboration that optimises harmonious, respectful relationships.
At Subiaco Primary we value:
- Success for every student
- Respect for others
- Ongoing academic, physical, emotional, moral and social growth
We aim to achieve this through:
- Learning for excellence and achievement that is responsive to the needs of our students;
- Collaboration that optimises community partnerships;
- A well resourced, nurturing and stimulating learning environment; and
- A culture of shared school leadership that empowers a cooperative, engaged staff.
In keeping with our motto Our Best we endeavour to provide the best possible education for each child who attends our school, ensuring they develop a broad range of skills to enable them to develop responsibility for their own direction and to adapt to a changing world.
This is reflected through our school’s beliefs which recognise the importance of:
- Providing positive learning experiences;
- Promoting relevant innovations to enhance learning;
- Accepting the abilities and individual needs of each other; and
- Providing a safe, secure, nurturing environment for the school community.
We are committed to developing the values we believe are critical to producing the best possible outcomes for our students:
- There is a commitment to team work;
- Honesty and integrity are imperative for improving performance;
- Effort is recognised, skills & ability developed and initiative encouraged; and
- Our school’s rich history is respected and nurtured.
Subiaco Primary School aims to foster and strengthen links between children, staff, parents and members of the broader community through:
- Two way communication focusing on student progress and educational programs;
- Community involvement that will enrich the educational program; and
- The provision of opportunities for involvement in school decision making.
The community spirit and strong partnership between parents and teachers have seen Subiaco Primary School go from strength to strength.
Subiaco Primary School is a historic Western Australian building constructed in 1897. Many of the classrooms are housed in the original buildings. The school has a Library resource centre, Music room, Art room, French room and learning support room.
On site facilities include a large covered assembly area, tennis/basketball courts and a six lane, 17 metre swimming pool which is maintained by our P&C.
In 2013, a natural playground was built amongst the 100 year old established Moreton Bay Fig trees. It is now a magnificent area for students to engage in creative and imaginative play whilst interacting with nature.
In 2014, our Library was completely refurbished and is now a colourful and engaging space for our students to enjoy.
In 2017/18 two natural and engaging playgrounds were built for Kindy and Year 1.
A four cluster classroom ECE block and new tennis courts were completed for the start of the 2018 school year.